I was eating some green and gold kiwis the other day and, found green kiwi sourer and gold one sweeter, which made me think what the differences are.
From the look
Green kiwi is hairy, some hair on the skin whereas Gold kiwi has no hair on it. Therefore, some people do not even peel the skin.
Green kiwi is sour, tangy sweet taste while gold one is tropical sweet taste.
When to eat
When they become as soft as peach or ripe avocado, that is ready to eat.
I assume kiwi is not as famous as oranges or apples but kiwi is great in nutrition.
- No fat, no cholesterol and no sodium
- Low-calorie: as the table above shows that one green kiwi contains 45calories and gold one has 55 calories.
- Vitamin E is good for heart diseases, cancer, vision diseases and cognitive function diseases
- Potassium: it works to help nerves respond to stimulation and muscles to shorten. Green kiwi contains more potassium than a medium banana while gold one has as much potassium as a medium banana.
- Vitamin C is an essential vitamin to reduce chronic disease, high blood pressure, blood uric acid. Also it helps prevent iron deficiency by improving iron absorption, boosts immune system and, helps maintain memory and thinking ability.
Green kiwi has more vitamin C than a orange which covers recommended daily intake (90mg for men, 75mg for women) whereas gold one has three times more than an orange.
- Fibre helps digestive system. Green kiwi has more fibre than gold kiwi. They both contain soluble and insoluble fibre, this is almost as much as oatmeal.
- 7 impressive ways vitamin C benefits your body https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/vitamin-c-benefits
- Potassium https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/potassium
- Zespri Green vs gold kiwifruit https://www.zesprikiwi.com/en-US/blogdetail/green-vs-gold-kiwifruit
2 thoughts on “Difference between Gold and green kiwi”
I’d like to give you money via paypal for you to post a link to my site. Would you be interested in something like that?
Hi thanks for the comment I sent you an email about it